While we’re on the subject of beer, have you ever considered all the other uses for the magical brew besides mere consuming? I mean, not that that’s bad, of course. Still, something that can bring such happiness to folks far and wide just might have a few other uses, wouldn’t you think?
That got me to digging around the ol’ Interwebz, looking for insight. Here are some links I found:
- 21 Great Uses for Beer
- 9 Surprising Uses for Beer
- 10 Uses for Beer You Never Thought Of
- 31 New Uses for Beer
- 7 Alternative Uses for Beer
- 14 Household Uses for Beer
I looked these pages over very carefully, I can tell you! And after I slaved and sweated on a master list, I came up with 45 uses between them. (There’s some overlap, of course.) I assumed it was the compleat and final list. Nothing more could be added! It was the consummate collection of non-drinking uses for beer.
I was so proud of it that I asked
my trophy wife primary spousal unit Paula Jo if she could guess anything on the list. You know what she said, first thing? “Braising ribs before grilling them.”
Now the list has 46 items…
If You Can’t Stand the Heat, Drink Beer…
- Friday Follies: Weirdest Snacks, Dumb (and Hungry) Burglars, and Why Google is Like Bananas
- Friday Follies: Cakes That Make You Laugh (Maybe), and Which Food Best Represents Your State
- Friday Follies: Green Bugs to Replace Red Meat On Your Plate?
- Friday Follies: How to Pour a Beer Every Second (Almost)
- How Beer Saved the World (and, You Heard It Here First!)
- Friday Follies: Become a Professional Beer Expert (And You Thought All You Had to Do Was Drink)
- What's for Dinner Gets Automated, In a Weird Sort of Way
- Follies Extra: Is That a Chile Pepper On Your Plate, or Are You Just Happy to See Me?
- Friday Follies: Oh, You Wanted the Mayo On the Side, Eh?
- Friday Follies: Eating Like a Monk During Lent
- Friday Follies: O No, You Got a Spork in the Salad Shooter!
- Friday Follies: Food Network Now Wants to Play Ball
- Friday Follies: Chile Underground Voted Number One Food Blog
- Friday Follies: Beer, It's What's for Breakfast
- Friday Follies: The End of the World is Nigh, and Bacon is to Blame
- Virtual Reality Gives “Cookie Monster” a Whole New Meaning
- Friday Follies: Do-It-Yourself Egg Art, and That’s No Yolk
- Burger Follies: A Fight Over Killer Burgers, In-N-Out in Texas, and Burger America Goes Second Edition
- Friday Follies: Once I Saw These, I Didn’t Stand a Ghost of a Chance…
- Friday Follies: Peppers Help Preggers to Pop
- Follies: Barbeque That Goes Where You Go, All Day Long
- Follies: How to Carry Your Liquor, and Don’t Do’s at the Bar
- Going to China for the Aquatics Championships? Don’t Eat the Pork…
- Zesty Chili Doesn’t Make Lingerie More Exciting for One Woman
- Follies: Edible Clay, Eu de Play-Doh, and a Website You Can’t Live Without
- Important News Concerning Two Essential Food Groups: Beer and Hamburgers
- Follies Extra: A Multitude of Uses for Beer (Besides Drinking)
- Chocolate’s Better’n Carrots, But Is Miracle Whip Really Good for Your Love Life?
- Who Says Lutherans Don’t Know How to Party? Watch This…
- There’s Something Big Stirring at UMass…
- Salsa Proves Too Hot for Owner; He’s Smoked…
- Would You Like Some Al Yankovic With That Veal Cordon Bleu? And Other Food-Music News
- A Salmagundi of Savory Silliness
- Doritos Situation Grave, and (Lust for) Alcohol Makes You Stupid
- “A Bear Walked Into a Grocery…” And It’s No Joke…
- French Ban Ketchup? This Means War! Again…
- Armadillo as Weapon, Bar Fun With Guns, and Another Humongous Burger
- Pizza as Vegetable? Okay; Why Not Chocolate, or Cheez Whiz, or Kool Whip, or …
- A Meal That Makes You Glad You Have Leftovers From Thanksgiving
- Why This May Be the Last Christmas Ever
- If You’re Going Out Into the Snow, Take Your Beer Along (Lots of It)
- No Eat Strong Pig, Eat Monster Gummy Bear Instead