Ahh, bacon. Something that makes (nearly all) fathers smile, then drool with anticipation. This weekend has Father’s Day
as an excuse to give all of us fathers the lavish gives we crave celebration as the major excitement available, unless you’re entered in the Lake Pflugerville Triathlon. So how about combining the two: Bacon and Father’s Day? Sounds good to me! Here’s a roundup of recent bacon news to, er, get the juices flowing…
- Oscar Mayer has the right idea: Bacon as a gift. Watch the video here to see what they mean.
- If your dad likes bacon and coffee, then simplify his life with this bacon-flavored brew.
- Speaking of brew: What about the other one, made with yeast? If you’re in Omaha (my condolences), then this summer you’ll be able to attend the Beer and Bacon Festival. It’s a few weeks away, though; don’t let the anticipation get to you.
- Maybe your dad wants a special bacon, one with an essence that’s not found anywhere? Bespoke Bacon can make it for you! Read about this brave business that attempts to improve on the perfect food.
- Want to make a present for dad? One that he’ll truly enjoy? Then make these cookies for him. He’ll thank you for weeks.
- Danville, PA may have the best present for dads with weekend: Old Forge Brewing is hosting their third annual Bacon Fest, and the weekend will see all sorts of tasty treats available. It’s worth the drive from almost anywhere.
- Finally for the Rich Dads out there, here’s a very special treat: Chocolate covered bacon, with edible gilt sprinkles. Surprisingly affordable at only $39.99 a package.
- There is a bit of sad news, though. In San Francisco, dads are crying. They won’t be able to go to Bacon Bacon, as that restaurant has been closed. Seems the neighbors complained of the smell. (Now you see why Real Men don’t live in San Francisco.)
Finally, today is National Bourbon Day (Bourbon! My favorite!) and National Strawberry Shortcake Day. And don’t forget, it’s also Candy Month, Soul Food Month, Fresh Fruits & Veggies Month, and Turkey Lovers Month…
Enjoy the (Tasty Father’s Day) Heat!